News

Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Ready to Carry a 200MP Camera ISOCELL 3


The Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra is the newest and most innovative phone of the year. This all-new phone comes with a new design, internals and other specs to revolutionize the market.

The new Galaxy S23 Ultra will come with a 90% screen-to-body ratio never seen before on any other smartphone on the market.

Even more interesting, the Galaxy S23 Ultra is reportedly able to feature a 200MP ISOCELL 3 camera sensor.

Also Read: High-Performance Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 4 Specifications, Check Rumors!

Rumors of Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra Specifications

Samsung announced the 200MP ISOCELL 1 sensor in September last year.

As per recent reports, the 200 MP sensor with upgrade process namely ISOCELL 3 is almost complete and will debut in the company’s upcoming flagship smartphone.

It has been developed by the mobile divisions of Samsung Electronics and Samsung Electro-Mechanics.

The Samsung Galaxy S23 series is expected to replace the Galaxy S22 line, and can be equipped with a new sensor. One of the devices included in this lineup is the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra.

The new sensor early comes as an upgraded version of the ISOCELL 1 which uses a new pixel-binning technology to provide a maximum image resolution of 200 megapixels.

Also Read: Samsung Galaxy A83 5G will be released with a special camera design

Galaxy S23 Ultra with ISOCELL 3 200MP Camera

As per a report by the South Korean-based publication ETNews, Samsung is finalizing work on an updated version of the 200MP sensor which has earned the nickname as ISOCELL 3.

Samsung Electronics is responsible for 30% of production, while the Electro-Mechanics division manages the remaining 70%.

The company is likely to pack a new 200MP camera on the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra which will probably launch in 2023.

The specifications for the Samsung ISOCELL 3 sensor are currently unknown. However, the sensor will come at 200MP, making it one of the largest sensors installed in any handset.

Currently, the Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra, Galaxy S20, and Galaxy S21 models have a high-resolution rear camera module with a 108MP sensor.

The Samsung ISOCELL 3 which is likely to be present on the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra is expected to have similarities with its predecessor, the ISOCELL 1.

The latest, ISOCELL 1 comes with a pixel size of 0.64-micron pixels and is complemented by Chameleon Cell technology that uses a two-by-two, four-by-four, or full pixel layout.

It suits the environment that allows users to capture images between 12.5 and 200MP resolution. The Samsung ISOCELL 1 can reportedly shoot 8K video at 30 frames per second (fps) with minimum field-of-view loss.

If the information is correct, the Samsung Galaxy S23 will not be the first smartphone to get a 200-megapixel camera.

Also Read: Samsung Galaxy M91 is Coming, Presents Impressive Features!

There are other brands that will also carry the specifications of this camera. Starting from the upcoming Motorola Frontier Motorola will reportedly also have a 200MP Samsung ISOCELL 1 sensor.

Apart from the Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra, Xiaomi is also reportedly planning to launch its first 200MP camera phone in the second half of 2022.

Related Articles

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.