How to reset iPhone forgot password you can do with a few easy tricks. Forgot password events can happen.
When you change your password with a new one, it is certainly not familiar and sometimes you forget it.
When you forget your iPhone password, of course it becomes an annoying thing. In this case, you will have to reset and restore the iPhone.
But don’t worry, there are several practical ways to recover your iPhone when you forget your password.
Also Read: iPhone Low Power Mode, Here’s How to Change and Enable It
Options How to Reset iPhone Forgot Password
When you forget the password or password on the iPhone device, this can cause the device to be locked or disabled. In general, the iPhone will be locked for a long time.
Usually, iPhone devices will give an error limit of up to 10 times.
But if the error keeps repeating, then you will see a message that says that your iPhone device is disabled or locked.
If this happens, then you have to wipe the device or in other words reset it and delete all data and settings contained in it.
However, you don’t have to worry. You can still save the data stored on the iPhone device, if you have recovered the data and settings after restoring the device.
But if you don’t do this, then you have to be willing to lose all the data stored on your iPhone device.
Here are some options for how to reset an iPhone because you forgot your password, including:
Also Read: How to Remotely Lock iPhone with Lost and Activation Mode
Reset iPhone with iTunes
One way to reset the iPhone because it forgot the password is to use iTunes. The following are guidelines that you can follow, among others:
- The first step, connect the iPhone with a computer or laptop device. This is done for synchronization. In addition, the computer or laptop device that you use must be the one you have used for synchronization before.
- Make sure the USB cable is connected to your computer, then press and hold Home.
- Then connect the USB port to the iPhone.
- Next, please open the iTunes app. If you are asked to enter a password, it means that you have never used the computer or laptop to sync with the iPhone. So, you can change to another computer or laptop that you have used for synchronization.
- If you manage to enter the iTunes app without a password, the app will sync and create a backup.
- A Connect to iTunes notification will appear on the iPhone screen.
- Then release the Home button and wait for the device to start reading in recovery mode.
- Next iTunes will instruct you to immediately restore the factory settings.
- How to reset iPhone forgot password then please click Reset, after that press Reset and Update.
- You can press the Restore from iTunes backup button.
- Select iPhone, then you can see the date and size of each file you backup, please select the most relevant file.
Also Read: How to Free Up iPhone Memory Easily, Follow These Tips!
Using Soft Reset or Reboot iPhone
The next way to reset iPhone due to forgotten password is to use Soft Reset. Don’t worry, this method will not delete the data on your iPhone.
This is because of the soft reset method, it is basically a way to restart your iPhone device.
This method is often used when the iPhone suddenly freezes or turns off when you open an application.
To do this, you don’t need iCloud or iTunes.
Easy steps you can take to reset iPhone because you forgot your password via Soft Reset include:
- First, please press the combination between the Home and Sleep buttons on the iPhone device simultaneously for approximately 10 seconds.
- Then, the on-screen iPhone will temporarily turn black.
- If the phone screen turns black, then remove your finger from the buttons.
- Next the Apple Logo will appear to complete the process.
- Wait a few moments until the restart process is complete.
- In that case, try to see if the iPhone device has returned to normal or not.
After following one of the ways to reset iPhone forgot password correctly, you can use your phone again. Next, don’t forget to reset your iPhone password.
We recommend that you save your Apple id data and password data to anticipate forgetting your Apple id or password.